- if someone wanted to really understand you, what would they read, watch, and listen to?
- have you ever found a writer who thinks just like you? if so, who?
- list your fandoms and one character from each that you identify with.
- do you like your name? is there another name you think would fit you better?
- do you think of yourself as a human being or a human doing? do you identify yourself by the things you do?
- are you religious/spiritual?
- do you care about your ethnicity?
- what musical artists have you most felt connected to over your lifetime?
- are you an artist?
- do you have a creed?
- describe your ideal day.
- dog person or cat person?
- inside or outdoors?
- are you a musician?
- five most influential books over your lifetime.
- if you’d grown up in a different environment, do you think you’d have turned out the same?
- would you say your tumblr is a fair representation of the “real you”?
- what’s your spirit animal?
- which Harry Potter house would you be in? or are you a muggle?
- would you rather be in Middle Earth, Narnia, Hogwarts, or somewhere else?
- do you love easily?
- list the top five things you spend the most time doing, in order.
- how often would you want to see your family every year?
- have you ever felt like you had a “mind-meld” with someone?
- could you live as a hermit?
- how would you describe your gender/sexuality?
- do you feel like your outside appearance is a fair representation of the “real you”?
- on a scale from 1 to 10, how hard is it for someone to get under your skin?
- three songs that you connect with right now.
- pick one of your favorite quotes.
ok but what about disabled robots
robots with glitches nobody can figure out how to/cares about enough fix
robots who were never finished so they’re missing parts/limbs/ect
autistic robots who overheat and shut down if they have to process too much sensory input
nonverbal robots who’s voice boxs dont work
disabled robots bonding with disabled humans
…*whispers* Why did I have to see this.
"Butch is a trickster gender—and so, in a similar way, is femme. Lesbian gender expressions do not emulate heteropatriarchy, they subvert it. Femme removes femininity from the discursive shadow of masculinity and thereby strips from it any connotation of subordination or inferiority. Butch takes markers of “masculinity” and divests them of their association with maleness or manhood. Butchness works against the gender binary—the masculine/feminine paradigm—and reclaims for women the full breadth of possibilities when it comes to gender expression."
I thought this was so spot-on, thoughtful, and well-written.
This is so fucking awesome!! :D Yes, amazingly well-written.
This why I th8nk that statistically there are fewer trans guys in trans spaces. Because butch has been an acceptable identity for many, where there hasn’t been an amab equivalent.
I really, really want to start a discourse about lolita’s relation to femme — as it not a lesbian identity (although my heart for femme lolitas), but it is a similar way of performing the feminine divorced from male gaze. I was actually musing about this last night. On average, when I am out, average women love and respond favorably to lolita; men are unsettled by it. I’ve noticed the same thing happening with my male friends who present in High Goth: it is geared to the female gaze, and makes men uncomfortable.
^I think there’s a lot of really interesting things to be said about the intersection between the devaluation of femininity generally in our society and the fact that women who choose to dress in an extremely feminine way, whether Lolita or more ruffly/girly mainstream clothes, are derided and looked at with scorn. (Think of people talking about Zooey Deschanel being “too twee”, for example.) It’s yet another example of the weird-ass way women are expected to perform femininity in a very precise way-you can’t be too butch because that turns men off, but if you’re too feminine you’re doing it wrong too. It’s all about the male gaze, baby, and I think particularly the non-sexualized and extremely feminine clothing you get in Lolita, that says so clearly “I am doing this for myself and not for your boner” is really, really disquieting to straight men. In my own experience I’ve gotten a lot more snarky/nasty comments when I go full Victorian goth with ankle-length ruffled skirts, high-necked frilly blouses, and layered corsets and vests then when I wear a shorter skirt or cleavage-baring top with a bat or cat print and fishnet tights, even though both are equally “weird” by mainstream fashion standards. Apparently different outfits are easier to deal with if they are traditionally “sexy”, whoda thunk?
SCREAMS i freaking LOVE THIS because it means they totally went shopping in orlais together. morrigan probably showed up in the middle of all the chaos, before the inquisition had been formed to deal with it, and said something like ‘i am ready.’
'ready? for what?' leliana asked.
'to go…' dramatic pause. 'shopping, as once you offered.'
'but now, of all times?'
”tis your chance. take it or no.’
and then they spent hours trying on shoes.
I’m gonna make a shout-out to my personal blog, katherine-rambles, ‘cuz I know some folks here might like to follow it who might’ve missed the first post I wrote about it.
Basically it’s me writing about my thoughts and whatnot. Right now I’m doing a 30 day videogame challenge, and I just kinda ramble on topics as they cross my mind, which, if you follow this blog, are basically the same things as this blog except as written by me instead of me reblogging them.
I also now have an art blog, k-to-the-power-of-two-works, but there’s not much up there yet because I have a terrible time finishing things and getting them in a tumblr-friendly format.
ANOTHER ANATOMY POST! Only three vertebrate groups have successfully evolved flight: Birds, Bats, and Pterosaurs, which are NOT dinosaurs, and are an extremely diverse group of reptiles! Pterodactyl is not the only one. However, birds ARE dinosaurs. Avian dinosaurs!
Wings are not some extra structure you tack on to a creature and somehow the arms go away— they ARE arms. Think about that when you are designing creatures with wings and also giving them arms. That means your creature has six limbs.
Next anatomy post: The anatomy and evolution of DRAGONS. If you guys have any requests, feel free to send them in!